Some readers know that my other hobbies are photography and videography with drones. The opportunity to go to Albania offered me a chance to participate in all of these hobbies plus do a heckuva lot of hiking. And just regular old walking.
My smartwatch says I walked 14km (9 miles) the first day in Tirana and 26km (16 miles) the second day. All of that was in the Blloku District of Tirana, previously off limits even to Albanians until 1991. Blloku was the upscale part of town, only open to political party officials.
I also have an interest in Cold War history and Albania offers an up-close chance to explore that interest. I may elaborate on that a bit in a future posting.
But really, I'm just a boy who likes his drone.
The scenes below were shot with a DJI Avata 360 in an area about halfway between Bogë (pronounced Boga) and Theth in the northern part of the country.
This is the southern Alps, known in Albania as The Accursed Mountains.
.
.
.
Very nice drone video and nice surroundings over there. It surprises me you can get a drone into almost any country these days. Restrictions to fly a drone are getting tighter, at least here in the Netherlands. And you would expect more issues because of the role drones play in several wars on our planet. Anyway, as long as you can play have a good time and send us videos. 73, Bas
ReplyDeleteThanks for the contact today, Bas... good to get you in the log. The drones I use would be useless as weapons - their lifting power is almost nonexistent.
Delete73,
John