With the exception of the KPA-500 my entire station is solar powered. Two 100-watt Renogy panels on the roof feed two 6V Trojan T105 batteries in series through an MPPT controller.
- Flex 6300 + KPA500 for CW
- Apache Labs Anan 10e + Hardrock-50 for FT8
- Elecraft KX2 for mobile/portable work
- Force 12 C3E up 45 feet
- 80m dipole up 110 feet fed with ladder line and used 30-40-80 meters
- Top-loaded vertical (110 ft tall) for 160m
Previous callsigns: AA5YX KA5BBL VQ9BL
US Navy veteran, Submarines, 1984-1993, electronic surveillence, inertial navigation systems. USS Barb (SSN-596) and other assignments took me to VE7, KH6, KL7, XE, OA, DU, VS6, KG6, HS, VK6, 9V, VQ9 and all over the US. Those were the days.....
Lived in NY and NJ for many years after the Navy, finally made it back to Texas in 2006.
Non-radio interests: photography (digital & film), motorcycling, bicycling, RVing.
Currently work on radar systems for the FAA and counting the
73, John AE5X