Saturday, September 28, 2024

Video: A test of M0JKS's aftermarket mic for KX2/KX3 radios

Tom M7MCQ recently posted some interesting info on an aftermarket mic for Elecraft KX-series radios.

The mic was initially offered by Dave M0JKS as a kit but they now are sold completely built.

I ordered one the next day.

Dave's mic is about 1/3rd the price of the Elecraft MH3 and is much smaller. Cost of the mic and shipping to my US address from the UK was $35. The mic comes with a TRRS cable, mesh storage bag and a paper with a link to recommended set-up parameters for the KX radio (bias, gain, compression settings, etc).

My communication with Dave was via email and PayPal but I have since learned that he sells his mics on eBay and Etsy.

As can be seen in the video below, I'm quite happy with the mic. To see just the SSB portion of the activation, skip ahead to 11:25.


.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment