Thursday, April 25, 2024

The KX2 rides to Goethe State Park

A new set of paddles and an inductive helper for my 17-ft whip both rode shotgun with me for about an hour on a beautiful Florida morning.

Everything about the kit made for a quick and easy set-up...and that is my goal: 2 minutes till "On The Air" and 2 minutes to "Back on the road".

The KX2 is probably the 2nd fastest rig to put on the air, second only to the KH1. But its effectiveness (due to full 10-80m coverage) trounces the KH1.

The weather was great and it was hard to stop - I wanted to keep riding, despite having taken the long way to the park. Traffic in Inverness and Dunnellon was moving at the speed of a tax refund but it was clear sailing after that with very few cars for many miles. This is the quiet part of Florida.

I may have gotten a bit of a late start for 40m activity so I don't know how to interpret the fact that I only made a single contact on that band. I'll return earlier (or in the evening) for another attempt with the 40m coil.


.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment