Friday, October 2, 2026

QMX replaces KX2 for upcoming trip

I've spent the past few days getting used to new features in my QRP Labs QMX regarding the TUNE function and the high SWR shutdown capability meant to save the finals in the event of an operator error.

I'm running the latest firmware 1_04_015. 

As the departure date for my Albanian trip approaches, I've decided to take the QMX rather than the too-expensive KX2.

Economic ease-of-replacement overrules the integration of functionality built into the KX2.

A cheap Chinese antenna tuner, 12V USB-C cable and a USB power pack (that I was going to bring anyway) complete the package. The antenna will be as previously described.

Two local POTA activations have proven the set-up to my satisfaction and I'm getting 6 watts out on 20m CW.

If all goes according to plan, I'll be on the air October 8. 

.

. 

No comments:

Post a Comment