Sunday, August 30, 2026

POTA website gets a facelift

The beta version of the upcoming (new) POTA website is live and uses the same login you have for the current POTA site.

Besides being much more visually appealing, the filtering and the ability to "sticky" post are very beneficial.

IOW, if you post something in a spot about your current activation, it won't be erased by the next person who spots you. 

Also new to the site is a 'Geographic Achievement' page. 

Band filtering allows the selection of multiple bands rather than the previous page's ALL or ONE choice.

I do wish that unactivated bands could be selected. As it currently stands, in no one is activating a park on 10 meters, I can't select 10m as a band of choice. I'd lie to be able to do that so that once someone does start up on that band, I'll see the posting.

I like the new site and think it's a big improvement over the old.

The work that went into it is an indication of the program's popularity.

.


.


 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment