I'm glad to see such activity in the middle of the afternoon - particularly on CW. I have a microphone on the way with my KX2 so I'll be able to make phone contacts in a few days and will chase NPOTA ops on that mode as well.
Thanks to these stations for the new Parks:
- WD8RIF - HP11 - Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park
- WD8RIF - TR04 - North Country National Scenic Trail
- WD8RIF - MN18 - Charles Young Buffalo Soldiers National Monument
- N0KV/m - NP57 - Yellowstone National Park
- WA7LNW - NP45 - Petrified Forest National Park
- WD8RIF - HP15 - Hopewell Culture National Historical Park
- KA6U - NP07 - Bryce Canyon National Park
Thanks especially to Eric WD8RIF who provided so many, so easily. Eric is activating these NPOTAs with blogger Thomas K4SWL as they travel back to their homes from Dayton. Hopefully a write-up from them will describe the the equipment. Signals were quite strong from each of the parks.
I'd also like to know how they approach Park Service officials with their requests to set up a ham station. Have the officials heard of the radio aspect of the Park Service's anniversary? Are they hesitant, welcoming, indifferent? Any info along those lines that might help those of us planning a similar activation would be appreciated.