Saturday, September 17, 2016

Audio: Commercial CW from 1975

I'm not sure who made these recordings and I've had the audio file for so long that I don't even remember how I obtained it...but here is a 40-year old series of recordings made in coastal areas of Spain when CW was the preferred language on the seas.

Lots of chirping, mostly bugs being used and many operators could identify each other by the distinctive sound of fist or chirp. The perfect keying of today's electronic keyers would have sounded like an oddity to these guys.

Those days are long gone now but here's a taste of how it used to be:


.
.

6 comments:

  1. John... this is beautiful. Thanks OM. Jim W1PID

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really neat to hear, thanks for sharing! Daniel KM4NOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I think I was born too late...would like to have experienced this era as it was happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Key shaping? We don't need no stink'n key shaping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Key shaping? We don't need no stink'n key shaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks john flash from the past absolutly great w5zml 73's

    ReplyDelete